Wednesday 7 March 2012

You remind me today of a small Mexican Chihuahua

So, it's been a while...

Super Sekrit Project 1 has been revised and handed in while Super Sekrit Project 2 has been pitched and is sitting in the editor's inbox awaiting feedback and (hopefully) paperwork. And that's the last I'm going to mention of either of them until they're released. It annoys the hell out of me having to skirt around them and be euphemistic so until they're on shelves, or available for pre-order, I'll say no more.

Stuff I can talk about? Malediction has been recorded for a while and the cover art is up on the Black Library and Amazon sites. Hat off to Cheol Joo Lee for such a bang-up job! Bloodspire is also in the can and will be available as a direct exclusive from the Black Library website in May. It features a younger version of Tycho before he became Captain of Third Company, along with a few other names you may recognise if you paid close attention to the Blood Angels codex. Both sport top notch casts though hopefully I didn't drag the average down too much with my cameo as a vox operator in Malediction. I only have a couple of lines but definitely a step-up from playing a zombie.

Aside from one of the projects I promised not to mention again, over the next few months I have to write my half of the Black Library Weekender exclusive audio and a Raven Guard novella which forms the middle part of a trilogy of Space Marine Battles stories with the others being written by David Annandale and Andy Smillie. I say 'being' written but David has already delivered his! Must be all that fresh Canadian air. After that, it's hopefully going to be another gamebook - or rather 'Path to Victory' book, to give them their proper moniker. Fantasy rather than 40K this time around with mad Dwarfs, disgruntled Ogres and even a Dragon to slay.

Hello to all the friends old and new I met at BL Live over the weekend. Cracking company and some really thought provoking questions on the panels with the surprise addition of classic Games Workshop printed products on sale in the gaming hall - Advanced Runequest FTW! If you couldn't make it along then there are some damn fine reports here, here and here.

Before I sign off, here's some cool stuff to look at and listen to:

My new hero.

My new favourite video game...

...and its associated spin-off web series.



The best bit of gamebook news in 30 years.

Right, I'm off to watch more Twin Peaks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christian! I have your gamebook Hive of the dead and I would love to interview for my A to Z challenge post S is for Spin offs (as you turned a tabletop game system into a gamebook) - please email me at sl1605@gmail.com if you are interested.

    Regards,

    Stuart

    Lloyd of Gamebooks - virtualfantasies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete